kidzes.com Notice of Privacy Practices
- Why We Collect & Use Information
- Types Of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Our Use Of Information Technologies
- Managing Your Preferences
- Ownership Of Customer Data
- Information For California Residents
- Safeguarding Information
- Additional Disclosures
- kidzes.com Cookie Statement
Why we collect & use information
We may combine information collected from different sources (see section on How We Share Your Information). Below is a summary of some of the ways we collect and use information:
1. Product & Service Fulfillment (FUL)
- To complete, fulfill, manage, and communicate with you about transactions;
- To establish and service your online profile on one of our websites or mobile applications;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product or shipping information;
- To provide personal services such as MyClient (clienteling) or Gift Registry; and
- To administer loyalty programs.
- To manage subscription services, including order management, billing and reordering products, and communicating with you about your subscription.
- To deliver information about our products, services, and promotions (e.g., personalized offers delivered to your home, email, third-party sites or applications, and mobile devices);
- To provide interactive features on our websites and mobile applications (e.g., product ratings and reviews, real-time offers, and location-based services such as store maps);
- To identify product preferences and shopping preferences (e.g., services and promotions of possible interest); and
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, and focus groups.
- To improve the effectiveness of our websites, stores, mobile applications, merchandise assortment, and customer service;
- To conduct research and analytics related to our operations; and
- To perform other logistics and operation activities as needed.
- To protect our assets and prevent fraudulent transactions;
- To validate credentials and authenticate customers when logging into your online profile, applications, or transacting in store;
- To protect the security and integrity of our Services and our data; and
- To assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries.
- To process your payments and address your order inquiries and requests;
- To offer you additional products or services that may be of interest.
Types of information we collect
- Identifying Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information when you create a profile, place an order, create a registry or take advantage of other programs online or in store, or contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our site. For example: Name, Address (billing and shipping), Zip code, email address, Telephone number(s), Cellular phone number(s), Credit card number(s), Birth date, and Security question answers.
- Payment Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC, CRD): We collect this information when you make in-store or online purchases. For example, your credit card number and billing address.
- Information You Post (ADV, OPS): We collect this information when you post in a public space on our site. For example, our Ratings & Reviews feature.
- Event Information (ADV, OPS): We collect this information when you sign-up for our events. For example, contact information and mailing address.
- Demographic Information (ADV, OPS): We collect this information when you participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or survey. For example, your age, gender and zip code.
- Device Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information when you visit our website or apps. For example, the type of device you use to access our platforms, your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information about your location when your device is set to provide location information. This may include your in-store location. For more information, see Our Use Of Information Technologies section below.
- Commercial Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information when you make a purchase or create a gift registry. For example, details about the products or services purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other Network Activity Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): We collect this information when you visit our website, use our mobile applications, shop in our stores, or interact with our wireless services and other technologies. This information is either automatically collected or is customer-initiated. For example, your browsing history, search history and other information regarding your interactions with our Platforms or advertisements. For more information, see Our Use Of Information Technologies section below.
- Other Information (FUL, ADV, OPS, SEC): If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we may look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. If you visit our stores, we may capture pictures, video footage, or use facial recognition software for security and fraud detection purposes. When you call our customer service team, we record calls for quality assurance and operational optimization purposes.
How we collect information
- We collect a variety of information when you create a profile, place an order, create a registry, or take advantage of other programs online or in-store. Information we may collect includes: your name, address (billing and shipping), zip code, email addresses, telephone number(s), credit card number(s), and date of birth. To manage your preferences regarding the information you provide, go to the Managing Your Preferences section below.
- We collect information through several channels. For example, we may collect your Personal Information when you visit our websites, use our mobile applications, shop in our stores, or interact with our wireless services or other technologies. This information is either automatically collected or is customer-initiated. For more details, see Our Use Of Information Technologies section below.
- We may receive your updated shipping information from a third-party provider.
- We may collect or use information made available to us through third-party platforms, online databases and directories, or other means. We specify that data sourced from these third parties must be legitimately obtained. Note that this information may be governed by the privacy statement of the third party.
- We participate in consortiums to share information or match customer data. When shared, this information is de-identified or anonymized.
- We may receive various types of information, including identification information, contact information, and transactional information from our service providers, vendors.
How we share your information
- Internally. We may share your information within the kidzes.com.
- On our Platforms. For example, we may display information you post on our Reviews feature. We may also display information you choose to share on your gift registry.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who facilitate our operations and perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include advertising and marketing vendors or shipping and fulfillment service providers among others
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include third parties that provide products and services related to our business that enhance our offering portfolio to help us serve you better. These may include manufacturers and retailers of kidzes.com merchandise and product lines.
- With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include third parties whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of internet-based advertising.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if kidzes.com merges with, acquires or is acquired by another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. Note that if kidzes.com or any of its subsidiaries is sold to or otherwise acquired by a third party, all kidzes.com data assets will become the property of the acquiring party. Such a party will be subject to any consent(s), opt-outs or other customer conditions on data. A change in data ownership may or may not include a notice on the primary online sites of www.kidzes.com or the affected subsidiary sites.
- To Comply with the Law or to Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
Our use of Information Technologies
- To learn more about the types of cookies we use and to manage your cookie preferences, please refer to our Cookie Statement.
- kidzes.com shares data with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and IBM Digital Analytics to understand and optimize website performance and enhance site usability for our customers. These tools run in the background of our sites analyzing site usage information and then returning reports to us through an encrypted connection. They are required to maintain data securely and confidentially and are not permitted to share data collected with parties other than kidzes.com. Credit card or password data is not collected through Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or IBM Digital Analytics. In addition, Google Analytics may associate and group session visits to our website from various browsers and devices.
- kidzes.com uses third-party advertising companies to serve interest-based advertisements. These companies compile information from various online sources (including mobile-enabled browsers and applications) to match user profiles with ads we believe will be most relevant, interesting and timely based on that user profile.
- kidzes.com has relationships with several social networks and new tech companies. These companies have specific Interest-Based Ads programs that match people that have shown interest in kidzes.com through our website or other services with their profiles (such as on Facebook) and platforms (such as Facebook and Google properties). This matching allows us to deliver relevant, interest-based ads on those companies’ networks.
- kidzes.com does not currently recognize and process Do Not Track signals from different web browsers. Customers may manage their preferences for tracking across sites in the Interest-Based Advertising section above.
- For more information on Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
- kidzes.com offers mobile applications that you may download from your phone or smart device’s “app store” as well as apps that you can download from your Internet-connected devices (e.g., smart television).
- kidzes.com mobile applications, with your permission, may use your device’s camera, microphone, or location information to enable features or services. For example, geolocation (e.g., GPS) can help you find a nearby store or learn about upcoming nearby store events.
- kidzes.com Mobile Application Preferences are managed in the kidzes.com application and through your device’s settings.
Many kidzes.com locations offer free Wi-Fi Services to visitors. Wi-Fi routers capture certain data from devices that interact with the router. Some examples of data automatically collected through our Wi-Fi Service include:
- Information about your device, including a MAC Address, and telemetry data (such as signal strength and quality) related to your use of our Wi-Fi service.
- Vendors that analyze Wi-Fi data automatically collected to provide operational insights such as foot traffic volumes, dwell times, and how costumers move through our stores.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags consist of a small chip and antenna that provide a unique identifier for objects. RFID serves the same purpose as a bar code and must be scanned by a specific type of reader in close proximity to the tag to retrieve tag data. kidzes.com uses RFID for inventory management (such as locating shoes in the stock room) and logistics support. RFID is not used to track or monitor any items once you leave our stores.
- We use cameras in our stores for security purposes, loss prevention, and asset protection. We also use cameras in our stores for operational purposes, such as such as traffic pattern analysis. Cameras may include technology to capture demographic information, such as age, gender and dwell time.
- We will not use cameras to personally identify you, without your consent, except when the identification is for security, anti-theft, or law enforcement purposes.
- We may use voice-enabled services (VES) to provide you greater functionality and easier shopping experiences with services such as voice search for products (for e.g., “Show me Style & Company Handbags”). VES will only be used to facilitate specific requests. Voice files are not used to personally identify an individual and will not be associated within any individual kidzes.com account. Voice files will be retained by kidzes.com and any third party voice-enabled service providers.
- Voice-enabled services are opt-in by use. If you do not wish to opt-in to VES, do not use those features. VES do not include phone answering machine messages.
Managing your preferences
- If you are a registered user of kidzes.com, you can update your information in My Account.
- If you have questions about your order, you may check your order status online in My Order.
- If you are an international customer, and want to access your information, please Click Here to send an email to our international customer services teams who will be happy to assist you.
If you prefer that we not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, you can contact us:
- By mail at www.kidzes.com
- Tahtakale Distr., Faruk Nafiz Camlibel Str., Bizim Evler 6, No: 2/10, A2-102, Istanbul 34320, Turkey
- Use the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email sent by kidzes.com.
- Unsubscribe by signing into your account on kidzes.com, clicking on my profile and indicating your opt-out preference.
- Or contact us by mail at www.kidzes.com
Tahtakale Distr., Faruk Nafiz Camlibel Str., Bizim Evler 6, No: 2/10, A2-102, Istanbul 34320, Turkey
- Direct Mail or Telemarketing: To opt-out of receiving direct mail or telemarketing calls, you may contact us:
- By email: [email protected]
- By mail at www.kidzes.com
Tahtakale Distr., Faruk Nafiz Camlibel Str., Bizim Evler 6, No: 2/10, A2-102, Istanbul 34320, Turkey
- If you choose to write to us, please include your name, address, and phone number and state one of the following:
“NO MAIL OFFERS” (if you don’t want to receive offers by mail)
“NO PHONE OFFERS” (if you don’t want to receive offers by phone); or
“NO PHONE OR MAIL OFFERS” (if you don’t want to receive either)
- To opt-out of kidzes.com Marketing Messages, mobile marketing for a specific mobile number, you may reply “STOP” on your mobile phone/wireless device. You will receive a confirmation text that you have been opted-out.
- You can opt out from allowing kidzes.com mobile applications to access your device’s camera, microphone, or location information by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
- If you do not wish to use your Wi-Fi analytic data in a de-identified manner, please turn off your mobile device or refrain from using our Wi-Fi services.
Ownership of customer data
In your request, please specify that you want a “Your kidzes.com California Shine the Light Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
2. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information.
3. You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- Categories of Personal Information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information during the preceding 12 months.
- Business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your Personal Information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the Personal Information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of Personal Information we have sold and categories of third parties to whom the information was sold to during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of Personal Information we disclosed about you for a business purpose during the preceding 12 months.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; payment information; commercial information; internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers; payment information; commercial information; device information; demographic information and driver’s license number.
- We sell the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; payment information; event information; demographic information; device information; location information; commercial information; internet or other network activity information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information Requests
kidzes.com have put in place various procedural, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard the information we collect and use. We designed our technology-enabled services to accept orders only from Web and mobile browsers that permit communication through a Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL is an encryption standard that provides a layer of security while information is being transmitted over the Internet.
As a matter of policy, we do not disclose details regarding our security measures as this could be beneficial information to criminals and other bad actors.
Be advised, no security safeguards or standards are guaranteed to provide 100% security. You should always use appropriate self-protection measures and practice safe browsing on all websites. The National Cybersecurity Alliance provides comprehensive information to Stay Safe Online.
Additionally, sometimes bad actors attempt to use our brand to create fake web pages, send fake texts or emails, and conduct other illegal activities to commit fraud or attempt to breach consumers’ security. We actively monitor for these illegal scams and shams. If you receive anything with the kidzes.com brand that seems suspicious, you can email to our Customer Service Department.
- The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act imposes requirements on Web sites that collect personal information about children under 13 years old (for example – name, address, email address, social security number, etc.). Our current policy is not to collect any personal information on any person under 13 years old online. For this reason, our sweepstakes and other promotions conducted online are restricted to entrants who are at least 13 years old.
- If this policy changes, we will revise this portion of our Notice of Privacy Practices and will comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which includes providing notice and choice to each child’s parent or guardian before collecting any personal information.
- kidzes.com services are offered to the customers who are of the age 18 years and above. No programs, services or offerings are intended for children under the age of 18.
- To fill international orders, kidzes.com has partners. Partners will carefully process your personal information with at least the same level of privacy protection consistent with the former U.S. – EU Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and the U.S. Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles established by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Partners also agrees not to sell, transfer, or otherwise use your information other than for processing international shipments
- Our practices are consistent with both the EU and Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
- Inquire about or update their personal information;
- Make a complaint about the collection or use of their personal information;
- Comment on or ask questions regarding this Notice;
kidzes.com statement on cookies
- A Cookie is a small piece of computer code sent by a website and stored on the hard disk of your computer. A pixel tag (also known as a tracking pixel, web beacon, or clear GIF) is an embedded image on a website that may register a user’s website activity. A Flash Cookie (also known as a Local Shared Object) is a data file stored on your computer by the websites that you visit (Click Here for more details). Flash Cookies provide similar functionality as Cookies, but are based on different technology, provide richer data collections, and are persistent; they do not go away when you exit your browser and generally cannot be deleted through your browser option tools.
- Our online services use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only exist while your browser is open. We use session cookies for website functionality, such as managing items added to your shopping cart. Persistent cookies are not removed when you exit your web browser. We use persistent cookies to enable an easier log-in process, provide you with a more personalized shopping experience, and help you navigate our website more efficiently. We also use persistent cookies to show you the items you have previously browsed. We may use flash cookie on our online services to enable or control flash-based content.
- Marketing cookies
- Operational cookies
- Essential cookies
- Third party cookies
- If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics on a per browser basis, please Click Here to download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information on Google Analytics, Click Here.
- You may choose to opt-out of IBM Digital Analytics’ analysis of your browsing and purchasing behavior on our website, or you may choose to allow IBM Digital Analytics to analyze your behavior in a de-identified manner. Click Here to learn more about your privacy preference options with respect to IBM Digital Analytics use on our site.
- Interest-Based Adverting: If you would like to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please Click Here. Please note that you will be opted out of all interest-based advertising from all business members of the Network Advertising Initiative for that specific browser on that specific device. If you opt-out, you may continue to see or receive online advertising from kidzes.com; however, these ads may not be as relevant to you.